Therapy At Camphill Wakefield
- The therapy team at Camphill includes a Speech and Language therapist, Occupational therapist and a therapy assistant.
- Our MDT therapy team deliver a holistic tiered approach to support all our learners to reach their full potential.
- The therapy team at Camphill Wakefield uses person centred, evidenced based practice to:
- Undertake baseline and review assessments
- Design and deliver targeted therapeutic interventions to individuals and small group
- Provide a universal service including an effective campus wide communicative environment and zones of regulation
- Design and deliver regular staff training
- Contribute to learners EHCP documents and reviews
- Provide regular reports and maintain clinical notes
- Refer to external agencies as required
Examples of some of our strategies:
Students are supported to make independent decisions across the day.
Makaton word of the week- a range of communication strategies are used across college including Makaton.
We work together at Camphill Wakefield to maintain the land- sometimes students need a break from their sessions. The take a task wall allows students to select a meaningful activity in any spare time or if they feel they need a break
A range of fidget toys are available for students that require them through the day either onsite- or when accessing the community.